Monday 28 January 2013

A BAD HAIRCUT IS A VERY BAD HAIRCUT!


I once read that hair is not just hair, it is an accessory and should "always" be worn well... well up until you have a bad haircut that is. 


At the end of last year, just after I completed the HSC I decided to get my haircut. For about the previous two years I had been growing my hair and I think by the time I got it cut it was half way down my back. I loved having long hair as their was so much I could do with it in terms of styling. I would often opt for the high pony tail and I was a big fan of parting it down the middle with loose waves. 

I'm the type of girl who always loves to have great hair and I have spent hours in front of the bathroom mirror perfecting my styling skills. My hair has always been the one thing that my friends seem to compliment me on, which makes me feel great! But with the chaotic nature of the HSC and all the demands that are placed on you throughout the year my hair faced a lot of neglect which meant a lot of split ends and dry hair - YUCK! 

During the year in 2012 Australian model/celebrity Lara Bingle starred in her own reality TV show 'BEING LARA BINGLE'. I quickly became obsessed with this and I now had something to look forward to on those cold Winter Tuesday nights. I know I have gone completely on a tangent and you are probably are thinking what does Lara Bingle and her TV show have to do with my bad haircut? Well actually she does! From the first episode I fell in love with her hair. Her short, blunt, blonde balayaged hair! This quickly became the trending haircut and has been sported by a lot of women. This is what I wanted. 
Not my own photo


Not my own photo


Not my own photo
However when the time came around for me to get my haircut, I made the VERY STUPID decision to get it done at my local shopping centre. I'm in the process of trailing new hair salons because my old hairdresser left the place I went too - sad face :( ! Let me tell you the this place I went to was a VERY BIG ERROR in my trailing. I went to the hair salon having a very clear picture of what I wanted - a short blunt haircut with no layers (all one length) and thinned (like Lara's) out so it wouldn't get bulky as I have a lot of hair. This is not what I got, I came out of the place looking like a cardboard-cut-out of girl who had cut my hair with short layers and huge-ass ugly bangs that surrounded my face. EEKKK! I think I cried for about three days. I felt like all my pride in my hair had been striped away from me. I don't think in all my life I have ever been so angry with a complete stranger! 

So for the last two months I have been sporting the little top-not messy bun almost everyday. My hair has grown and I am quite happy with the length, now I just have to wait for the layers and those god-awful bangs to grow out. My aim is to have my hair looking similar to Lara's by the time I go away to Europe which is in 5 months. Hopefully I will have gotten around to putting blonde through it as well. 



But for now, here is to Happy Hair Growing! Ha. 
LC xxxx

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming!

    girl hair cutting style name

    ReplyDelete